CGCOA is proud to support SCGA Junior.
The mission of SCGA Junior is to engage underserved youth in the lifelong benefits of golf in order to achieve their dreams and potential. Through its programs, SCGA Junior works to fulfill its mission by achieving the following goals:
- • Creating affordable access to golf for all youth
- • Teaching smart decision-making skills both on and off the course
- • Developing a culture of healthy lifestyles
The SCGA Junior Golf Foundation was founded in 1983 through a gift from the PGA Championship, which was played at Riviera Country Club. It is the charitable arm of the Southern California Golf Association, which is one of the nation’s oldest and largest amateur golf associations. The SCGA underwrites all administrative and development expenses, allowing every dollar raised to go directly to our youth serving programs.
Youth enrolled in SCGA Junior Golf Club membership receive access to a variety of opportunities with the Golf Pass. The Golf Pass program creates affordable access to golf for youth by establishing $1-$5 green and range fees at Southern California golf facilities during off-peak hours. Participants get certified for the Golf Pass upon successful completion of a series of online quizzes that include golf rules, etiquette and decision making.
With Golf Pass membership, participants receive:
- SCGA membership - ability to establish a handicap index
- Opportunities to sign up for monthly
- Club outings Invitations to special golf outings and educational events
- Eligibility for college scholarships
- Access to $1-$5 green and range fees at more than 155 Southland facilities (upon completion of online certification)
- Monthly newsletters promoting upcoming events and member highlights
- FORE magazine subscription
We encourage you to learn more about the SCGA Junior program here. You can also read stories about the lives that have been impacted by the SCGA Junior program here. For questions about SCGA Junior, contact Kevin Gigax, Executive Director of SCGA Junior at (818) 432-4175 or KGigax@scga.org.